We're sure your parents are asking you that question right now. You could sing them an answer.
More seriously, students who graduate with a BA Degree in anthropology from York University have gone on to a wide variety of professions. One of our recent grads was featured in an article in the Financial Post: Why you should use cultural anthropology as a business tool
Visit this blog by Department Instructor Dr. Rhiannon Mosher who discusses a wide array of resources for undergraduate and graduate careers in Anthropology.
A number of York students with a B.A. in Anthropology go on to graduate (MA, PhD) studies, but many go on to quite different careers in which they find their anthropological knowledge and skills to be great assets. Click on the links below to find out more about some of these career paths and the jobs of some York Anthropology alumni:
- Work in the corporate sector
- Work in the field of education
- Become an effective advocate for social change
- Work with international development and/or aid organizations
- Work in the fields of health & wellness
- Work in the heritage & tourism sector
- Become a film-maker
- Become a writer/author
Check the American Anthropological Association's Careers in Anthropology website.